Practice Attire Requirements:
* All items are available to purchase at the studio.
* Student must have proper attire to participate in classes.
Attire for all Jazz, Contemporary, or Lyrical Classes:
- Light jazz pants, basic stretchy leggings, or dancers shorts, with a fitted camisole or tank top. Dancers are required to purchase Turning Shoes for class. Hair must be pulled back.
- Dancers will be required to purchase tan stirrup tights for the recital. Purchase the correct colors of shoes and tights at the Studio Store.
- A ballet leotard, with pink tights & pink ballet canvas shoes are required. Purchase the correct colors of shoes and tights at the Studio Store.
- A SHORT/THIN ballet skirt is optional. Hair must be pulled back. Please no large tu-tu's.
- Any dance type clothing is great for these combo classes. Hair must be pulled back. Dancers will need Turning Shoes for class. These dancers will be required to purchase tan stirrup tights for the recital. Purchase shoes and tights at the studio store.
- Any type of stretchy clothing that students can move in. Any type of tennis shoe will work great for practice. Hair must be pulled back.
- These dancers may be required to purchase tights for the recital depending on their costume style. More info to come.
- Competition dancers will be required to wear the same attire for classes as listed above.
- Students are encouraged to wear fitted / stretchy type clothing to class. They are welcome to wear any type of clothing that they feel comfortable in. Students will have bare feet for class. Parents will be asked to remove their shoes once in the studio room.
- Tumbling students must wear a gymnastics leotard or unitard. Fitted shorts are optional. Hair must be pulled back. Tumbling Unitards & Leotards are available to purchase at the studio store.
Class Descriptions & Recital Info:
- Jazz, Ballet, and Contemporary/Lyrical classes focus on flexibility, strength, and strong dance technique. During these classes students will practice technique as well as learn a routine which will be performed at the Spring Concert.
- Hip Hop classes focus on learning correct dance style, overall body strength, and help with learning choreography quickly. Hip Hop helps all types of dancers learn to move in a powerful/strong way! During these classes students will practice hip hop technique as well as learn a routine which will be performed at the Spring Concert.
- Babies Movement classes focus on developing a love for dance and moving their bodies! Students will learn all about how a dance class works, with their parents helping them along the way! Parents do not need any dance experience.
- Tumbling classes are broken into skill levels. We do monthly pass offs the last week of each month. Students will be moved up a level once they have mastered all skills within their current level.
- Beginning: This is for beginning level students with little or no prior tumbling experience. Students will work on the following skills: Bridge hold, candlesticks, forward & backward rolls, lunge, lever, lever-handstand, handstands, lunge cartwheel, side cartwheel, & spider crawls down wall.
- Intermediate: Students will work on the following skills: Full spider crawl, banana backs, bridge from standing, front limber, kick-overs, back walkovers, 3 second handstand, cartwheel to handstand, handstand block, cartwheel bock, round-offs, & power hurls.
- Advanced: Students will work on the following skills: Full spider crawl, banana backs, bridge from standing, front limber, kick-overs, back walkovers, 3 second handstand, cartwheel to handstand, handstand block, cartwheel bock, round-offs, & power hurls
- At UDC, once per week students perform at one Annual Recital held each spring! At the recital once per week students will perform one routine that they will work on in class. These students will be required to purchase one costume per year. We also have a small in-class performance before Christmas Break for parents of dancers to see some things we work on in class.
- If your dancer is interested in performing more, a competition team might a great fit for your dancer.
- We do not charge a "Recital Fee", however we do charge approx. $8.00 admission for all spectators to help cover the building rental cost. Our recitals are usually held at a local Jr. High School or High School near Saratoga Springs.