Practice Attire Requirements:
* All items will be available to purchase at the studio starting in early September!
* Dancers must have proper dance attire for class by September 20th.
Attire for all Jazz, Contemporary, or Lyrical Classes:
- Light jazz pants, basic stretchy leggings, or dancers shorts, with a fitted camisole or tank top. Dancers are required to purchase Turning Shoes for class. Hair must be pulled back.
- Dancers will be required to purchase tan stirrup tights for the recital. Purchase the correct colors of shoes and tights at the Studio Store.
- A ballet leotard, with pink tights & pink ballet canvas shoes are required. Purchase the correct colors of shoes and tights at the Studio Store.
- A SHORT/THIN ballet skirt is optional. Hair must be pulled back. Please no large tu-tu's.
- Any dance type clothing is great for these combo classes. Hair must be pulled back. Dancers will need Turning Shoes for class. These dancers will be required to purchase tan stirrup tights for the recital. Purchase shoes and tights at the studio store.
- Dancer shorts or fitted leggings, with a fitted camisole or tank top. Any type of tennis shoe will work great for practice. Hair must be pulled back.
- These dancers may be required to purchase tights for the recital depending on their costume style. More info to come.
- Tumbling students must wear a gymnastics leotard or unitard. Fitted dancer shorts are optional. Hair must be pulled back.
- Competition dancers will be required to wear the same attire for classes as listed above.
Class Descriptions & Recital Info:
- Jazz, Ballet, and Contemporary/Lyrical classes focus on flexibility, strength, and strong dance technique. During these classes students will practice technique as well as learn a routine which will be performed at the Spring Concert.
- Hip Hop classes focus on learning correct dance style, overall body strength, and help with learning choreography quickly. Hip Hop helps all types of dancers learn to move in a powerful/strong way! During these classes students will practice hip hop technique as well as learn a routine which will be performed at the Spring Concert.
- At UDC, once per week students perform at one Annual Recital held each spring! At the recital once per week students will perform one routine that they will work on in class. These students will be required to purchase one costume per year. We also have a small in-class performance before Christmas Break for parents of dancers to see some things we work on in class.
- If your dancer is interested in performing more, a competition team might a great fit for your dancer.
- We do not charge a "Recital Fee", however we do charge $5.00 admission for all spectators to help cover the building rental cost. Our recitals are usually held at a local Jr. High School or High School near Saratoga Springs.